ZOOM BOOK STUDY on WEDNESDAY NIGHTS led by PASTOR CAMBRON
“The Common Rule: Habits of Purpose For An Age of Distraction” By Justin Whitmel Earley
Five Week Study Starting Wed. Jan. 10 at 7PM
In the New Year, we will be starting a sermon series called “RESET: Holy Habits for Distracted People.” To accompany this sermon series, Pastor Cambron will be leading a book study on “The Common Rule: Habits of Purpose in an Age of Distraction” by Justin Whitmel Earley.
In this five-week class, will learn together how to establish habits in our homes and lives that will form us into resilient disciples. This is a great class to take if you are looking for ways in your families to be freed from technology addiction, busyness, media consumption, and the many other things that distract us from the good things of God. Join us to discover the freedom found in following a common rule in an age of distraction.
How to Sign Up:
To sign up for the class, please email us at Asburyum@gmail.com, and let us know if you want us to order you a book. If you order through the church, the hardcopy book is $12; it is also available on kindle. If you want to order the book through the church, we need you to sign up by Dec. 27. You can send your check to the church office.
Help the Goshorns in Peru during the COVID Crisis
Peru was the first country in the region to implement quarantine lockdown, but despite that it has the second-highest number of COVID-19 cases in South America. The people just can’t survive without work and being able to eat. The Goshorns have been taking food and medical supplies and helping with housing for both native Peruvians and Venezuelan refugees. Their need has increased from $3,600 per month to $4,400 per a month for food, medicine, diapers etc.
If you would like to help you can mail a check to: TMS Global PO Box 936559 Atlanta, GA 31193-6559 (put Goshorn acct #0540 in the memo section) or give a check to Asbury United Methodist Church with Goshorn Fund in the memo line.
Thanks for your help! Vern H. for the Goshorn Committee
If you see anything that needs fixing (ie. leaking faucet, toilet running, light out, etc) please email Larry at email@example.com the location and description of the problem. He will investigate and communicate back to you when fixed. This helps all of us be good stewards of our church.
Matthew 25 Ministries (M25M)
In response to the hurricane, Matthew 25 is collecting supplies for disaster preparedness and distribution. Always needed and appreciated supplies include:
- Monetary Donations: Donate online, mail checks to Matthew 25: Ministries, 11060 Kenwood Road, Cincinnati, OH 45242 100% of donated funds designated for Hurricane Relief will be used for the purpose intended.
- Non-Perishable Food: PULL TOP canned vegetables, fruits etc.; ready to eat dry goods such as nuts, peanut butter, dried fruits, granola and trail mixes, jerkies, ready to eat snacks; bottled water; ready- to-eat meals or MREs etc.
- Personal Care Products: Antibacterial soap, hand sanitizer, toothpaste, toothbrushes, shampoo, body wash, deodorant, lotion etc.
- Cleaning supplies: Laundry detergents, general cleaner, sponges, bleach (powdered form is preferred), mops, scrub brushes, buckets, rubber gloves etc.
- Paper products: Toilet paper, paper towels etc.
- Baby and infant supplies: Diapers, wipes, diaper rash ointment, baby wash, baby shampoo, baby lotion etc.
- First-Aid items: Bandages, gauze, pads, first aid tape, antiseptic creams, hydrogen peroxide, alcohol, latex gloves, instant cold packs etc.
- New and gently used clothing; new underwear and socks in original packaging
- Candles and flashlights: If necessary, please include the appropriate size batteries with any flashlight donation
- Clean-up supplies: Protective eyewear, work gloves, masks, shovels, screwdrivers, saws, trash bags etc.
- Bottled Water: 12- and 24- cases
- Pill bottles – Please make sure ALL labels are removed. There is a special barrel just for pill bottles.