If you see anything that needs fixing (ie. leaking faucet, toilet running, light out, etc) please email Larry at email@example.com the location and description of the problem. He will investigate and communicate back to you when fixed. This helps all of us be good stewards of our church.
Matthew 25 Ministries (M25M)
In response to the hurricane, Matthew 25 is collecting supplies for disaster preparedness and distribution. Always needed and appreciated supplies include:
- Monetary Donations: Donate online, mail checks to Matthew 25: Ministries, 11060 Kenwood Road, Cincinnati, OH 45242 100% of donated funds designated for Hurricane Relief will be used for the purpose intended.
- Non-Perishable Food: PULL TOP canned vegetables, fruits etc.; ready to eat dry goods such as nuts, peanut butter, dried fruits, granola and trail mixes, jerkies, ready to eat snacks; bottled water; ready- to-eat meals or MREs etc.
- Personal Care Products: Antibacterial soap, hand sanitizer, toothpaste, toothbrushes, shampoo, body wash, deodorant, lotion etc.
- Cleaning supplies: Laundry detergents, general cleaner, sponges, bleach (powdered form is preferred), mops, scrub brushes, buckets, rubber gloves etc.
- Paper products: Toilet paper, paper towels etc.
- Baby and infant supplies: Diapers, wipes, diaper rash ointment, baby wash, baby shampoo, baby lotion etc.
- First-Aid items: Bandages, gauze, pads, first aid tape, antiseptic creams, hydrogen peroxide, alcohol, latex gloves, instant cold packs etc.
- New and gently used clothing; new underwear and socks in original packaging
- Candles and flashlights: If necessary, please include the appropriate size batteries with any flashlight donation
- Clean-up supplies: Protective eyewear, work gloves, masks, shovels, screwdrivers, saws, trash bags etc.
- Bottled Water: 12- and 24- cases
- Pill bottles – Please make sure ALL labels are removed. There is a special barrel just for pill bottles.
Air Conditioning Replacement
Due to failures of our aging air conditioning units and unexpected inability to repair them, we unfortunately need to immediately replace the air conditioners in the Sanctuary. The Trustees have determined the cost to replace the units will be $48,339. A generous donor has offered to pay for half, so we need to raise the other half, $24,170. We want to make sure we have the new system in place before hot weather comes, so we want to raise the other half by February and get the work scheduled. Please consider giving to this immediate need in your January giving, just mark it for Air Conditioning.
Nursery Attendant Position
We are in need of a new Nursery Attendant. Please help us spread the word to anyone you know who might be interested in this ministry opportunity. Applicants must be at least 18 years old, pass a background check, and have experience working with and loving children. For more information contact Pastor Phil, Dave G. (SPRC Chair), or Laura B. (Children’s Ministry Coordinator).
Donut Time Volunteers
Happy New Year from the Fellowship Committee! Now is the time to sign up to host the weekly “Donut Time” The sign-up sheet is posted next to the kitchen window. If you have never hosted this special fellowship time, Janelle or Nicole will be happy to provide “mentorship”. It really is a wonderful opportunity to interact with our Asbury friends, and it is FUN. Please consider helping with this ministry. Thank you. Janelle C. & Nicole W.
Children’s Ministry Volunteers
Children’s Ministry remains in need of volunteers. There is a schedule hanging on the door of the chapel. If you are interested in volunteering for the nursery or children’s church, please sign up. Curriculum is provided. Our current volunteers lead Children’s Church once a month. This leaves one to two open slots per month. If we are unable to fill the slots, we will be not have Children’s Church for that week.
Bible Study Fellowship Women’s Group
Bible Study Fellowship (BSF) Women’s Group meets at The Bridge Church in Alexandria on Thursday evenings from 6:30 to 8pm. The current study is on Acts and the Letters of the Apostles. Women are welcome to join anytime. See bsfinternational.org for more information about BSF, or contact Beth Blom at firstname.lastname@example.org or Terri Fraley at email@example.com. No childcare is provided. BSF also offers a class at Lakeside Christian Church on Wednesday mornings from 10am to 11:30. This class offers a program for children (infant to kindergarten).
2019 Contribution Statements
The 2019 Contribution Statements are in the mail slots next to the Parish Nurse’s office for you to pickup. If you cannot find one for yourself, please contact the office.
Ash Wednesday Service
We will begin the season of Lent this Wednesday, February 26th, with an Ash Wednesday Service. We will gather in the sanctuary at 7pm for this special service. You are invited to consider our need for confession, repentance, and self-denial.