If you see anything that needs fixing (ie. leaking faucet, toilet running, light out, etc) please email Larry at firstname.lastname@example.org the location and description of the problem. He will investigate and communicate back to you when fixed. This helps all of us be good stewards of our church.
Matthew 25 Ministries (M25M)
M25M, in Cincinnati, is one of this area’s best and most practical relief agencies. They excel at taking donations, from the smallest to the largest, in their relief efforts. Through M25M, we are offering opportunities to share by donating various supplies, including foods, hygiene supplies, paper products, cleaning supplies, baby products, your empty pill bottles, and more. Donation barrels have been placed around the church for your convenience. Below is a list of items that are being collected. On your next trip to the store, consider picking up an extra package or two of some of these items.
- Monetary Donations: Donate on-line M25M Donations or mail checks to Matthew 25 Ministries, 11060 Kenwood Road, Cincinnati, OH 45242. 100% of donated funds designated for Hurricane Relief will be used for the purpose intended.
- Non-Perishable Food: PULL TOP canned vegetables, fruits, etc., ready to eat dry goods such as nuts, peanut butter, dried fruits, canola, and trail mixes, jerkies, read to eat snacks, bottled water, read to eat meals or MREs.
- Personal Care Products: Antibacterial soap, hand sanitizer, toothpaste, toothbrushes, shampoo, body wash, deodorant, lotion, etc.
- Cleaning supplies: Laundry detergents, general cleaner, sponges, bleach (powdered form preferred), mops, scrub brushes, buckets, rubber gloves, etc.
- Paper products: toilet paper, paper towels, etc.
- Baby and infant supplies: diapers, wipes, diaper rash ointment, baby wash, baby shampoo, baby lotion, etc.
- First Aid items: bandages, gauze, pads, first aid tape, antiseptic creams, hydrogen peroxide, alcohol, latex gloves, instant cold packets, etc.
- New and gently used clothing; NEW UNDERWEAR OR SOCKS in original packaging.
- Candles/Flashlights: If possible please include appropriate batteries with the flashlights.
- Clean-up supplies: Protective eyewear, work gloves, masks, shovels, screwdrivers, saws, trash bags, etc.
Over 70 and have an IRA?
Itemized tax deductions for giving to the church and any other charities have been affected by the recent tax act and can make it more difficult to deduct your giving. However, if you are 70 1/2 or over and have an IRA, there is another option to consider. A qualified charitable distribution (QCD) is a distribution paid directly from your IRA to a qualified charity that is not considered income regardless of whether you itemize deductions. Also, it does satisfy the required minimum distribution requirements of IRAs. Find out more with IRS Publication 590-B or consult a tax professional.
Gift cards for the Goshorns
The Goshorns will be here before Christmas in order to celebrate Christmas with their family and welcome their first grandchild in February. During this period they will also be visiting many churches and possibly checking in with the Mission Society. We would like to give them some gift cards (grocery, department store, restaurant, etc.) to use while they are here. If you would like to help, please give sany gift cards to Eric L. or Vern H. Thanks so much for supporting the Goshorns, Asbury’s missionaries to Peru!
For everyone, there are alphabetized mail slots against the wall between the Sunday School Office and the Parish Nurse’s office, across from the Gathering Area. You can use these to send Christmas cards and messages to individuals in the church. Please go and check the boxes.