If you see anything that needs fixing (ie. leaking faucet, toilet running, light out, etc) please email Larry at email@example.com the location and description of the problem. He will investigate and communicate back to you when fixed. This helps all of us be good stewards of our church.
Matthew 25 Ministries (M25M)
In response to the hurricane, Matthew 25 is collecting supplies for disaster preparedness and distribution. Always needed and appreciated supplies include:
- Monetary Donations: Donate online, mail checks to Matthew 25: Ministries, 11060 Kenwood Road, Cincinnati, OH 45242 100% of donated funds designated for Hurricane Relief will be used for the purpose intended.
- Non-Perishable Food: PULL TOP canned vegetables, fruits etc.; ready to eat dry goods such as nuts, peanut butter, dried fruits, granola and trail mixes, jerkies, ready to eat snacks; bottled water; ready- to-eat meals or MREs etc.
- Personal Care Products: Antibacterial soap, hand sanitizer, toothpaste, toothbrushes, shampoo, body wash, deodorant, lotion etc.
- Cleaning supplies: Laundry detergents, general cleaner, sponges, bleach (powdered form is preferred), mops, scrub brushes, buckets, rubber gloves etc.
- Paper products: Toilet paper, paper towels etc.
- Baby and infant supplies: Diapers, wipes, diaper rash ointment, baby wash, baby shampoo, baby lotion etc.
- First-Aid items: Bandages, gauze, pads, first aid tape, antiseptic creams, hydrogen peroxide, alcohol, latex gloves, instant cold packs etc.
- New and gently used clothing; new underwear and socks in original packaging
- Candles and flashlights: If necessary, please include the appropriate size batteries with any flashlight donation
- Clean-up supplies: Protective eyewear, work gloves, masks, shovels, screwdrivers, saws, trash bags etc.
- Bottled Water: 12- and 24- cases
- Pill bottles – Please make sure ALL labels are removed. There is a special barrel just for pill bottles.
Children’s Christmas Program
The Children’s Christmas Program rehearsal for kids ages 3 through 5th grade is starting SUNDAY, OCTOBER 27, at 7pm. Rehearsals will be held in the chapel on Sunday evenings from 7 to 8pm. (NO rehearsal on Sunday, December 8th due to the Holiday Dinner).
DRESS REHEARSAL will be on SATURDAY, DECEMBER 14th, from 9:30 to 12:30pm, in the sanctuary. PERFORMANCES will be in both services on DECEMBER 15th.
This year’s program titled, Follow the Star, is a fun and joyous reminder of why the wise men of the Christmas story sought after Christ and why we still do today. Please let Kelly B know at firstname.lastname@example.org, if your child plans to take a part in sharing this story. If your child cannot attend rehearsals on Sunday evenings, but would still like to participate in the program, please talk to Kelly.
If you would like to include your craft in our preview on the following Sundays, Oct. 27th and Nov. 3rd, please bring them to the Fellowship Hall on these dates, or drop off at the craft office on Thursdays, between 10am and 2pm. Preview items will be on display in the Fellowship Hall between services on the above dates.
Available Fellowship Time Dates
The Fellowship Committee needs your help to fill the following dates for “Donut Time”:
Please contact Janelle C. at (859) 663-6729 or email@example.com. If you would like to participate in this special fellowship. If you have never hosted before, Janelle or Nicole W. can provide details. Thank you!
Goshorn College Scholarship Fund
Marguarita was abused as a child and has been living at the orphanage since the age of nine. As a means of escape she threw herself into schoolwork. the goshorns know her well and have decided to let her live with them, but she also wants to attend college, which will cost about $1,800 to $2.400 per year. The Goshorns can personally supply her living expenses, but need help with college expenses. We can help give this bright girl the chance to achieve her dream! If you wish to help her, you can give to the Marguarita College Fund at Asbury, or donate to TMS Global under Project ID 0668SUP, Goshorn College Scholarship Project. Contact Vern H. at either (859) 635-4828 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Fundraiser for Goshorns
A current fundraiser for the Goshorns involves selling bars of the World’s finest chocolate for $1.00, fifty cents of each bar goes to the fund. We have 10 cases of sixty bars each. Some of us are planning to give out the bars for Halloween. If you would like a case, you can get one from Eric or Vern, for $60. You can also get smaller amounts. Let us know if you have any suggestions for distributing the bars.
2019 Charge Conference
Asbury is hosting the 2019 Charge Conference on October 27, at 4pm, in the Sanctuary. Everyone is welcome. Members of the Administrative Council are expected to attend.
Explorers S.S. Class starting New Study
The Explorers S.S. class is beginning a study of Max Lucado’s new book, “How Happiness Happens,” a look at how we can find true happiness and joy in Christ. All are welcome. We meet in Room 10, in the basement from 10:15 to 11am and will be starting October 27th. Contact Mark R. with any questions or if you would like a book.