Methodism for Dummies: Zoom Class Starting Wed. Sept. 2nd
We want to invite you to sign up for Pastor Cambron’s five week Zoom class called Methodism for Dummies. If you have been a Methodist all your life, or if you are new to the church, this will be a great opportunity to learn about where Methodism came from, what we believe, and why this still matters today.
To sign up for the class, please fill out this form ON-LINE SIGN UP to give us your email. The class will meet Wednesdays at 7PM over Zoom.
Please help the Goshorns in Peru during the COVID Crisis
Peru was the first country in the region to implement quarantine lockdown, but despite that it has the second-highest number of COVID-19 cases in South America. The people just can’t survive without work and being able to eat. The Goshorns have been taking food and medical supplies and helping with housing for both native Peruvians and Venezuelan refugees. They need about $3,600 per month for food, medicine, diapers and so on.
If you would like to help you can mail a check to: TMS Global PO Box 936559 Atlanta, GA 31193-6559 (put Goshorn acct #0540 in the memo section) or give a check to Asbury United Methodist Church with Goshorn Fund in the memo line.
Thanks for your help! Vern H. for the Goshorn Committee
Asbury and Family Promise
Asbury and Family Promise have been helping homeless families in NKY for many years. We and other area churches provide a place to sleep, meals and other help to get families back to independent living. Our next turn to host is Aug 30 – Sep 5. COVID prevents us from doing what we normal do, housing the families at Asbury. Our current guest family is staying at Extended Stay America hotel in Covington. The only thing we need to do this time is provide a meal each day. We need volunteers that can make and deliver a homemade supper. Want to help, need more details, or just curious about Family Promise; contact Jeff C. email@example.com or 513-378-1028. https://www.nkyfamilypromise.org/
If you see anything that needs fixing (ie. leaking faucet, toilet running, light out, etc) please email Larry at firstname.lastname@example.org the location and description of the problem. He will investigate and communicate back to you when fixed. This helps all of us be good stewards of our church.
Matthew 25 Ministries (M25M)
In response to the hurricane, Matthew 25 is collecting supplies for disaster preparedness and distribution. Always needed and appreciated supplies include:
- Monetary Donations: Donate online, mail checks to Matthew 25: Ministries, 11060 Kenwood Road, Cincinnati, OH 45242 100% of donated funds designated for Hurricane Relief will be used for the purpose intended.
- Non-Perishable Food: PULL TOP canned vegetables, fruits etc.; ready to eat dry goods such as nuts, peanut butter, dried fruits, granola and trail mixes, jerkies, ready to eat snacks; bottled water; ready- to-eat meals or MREs etc.
- Personal Care Products: Antibacterial soap, hand sanitizer, toothpaste, toothbrushes, shampoo, body wash, deodorant, lotion etc.
- Cleaning supplies: Laundry detergents, general cleaner, sponges, bleach (powdered form is preferred), mops, scrub brushes, buckets, rubber gloves etc.
- Paper products: Toilet paper, paper towels etc.
- Baby and infant supplies: Diapers, wipes, diaper rash ointment, baby wash, baby shampoo, baby lotion etc.
- First-Aid items: Bandages, gauze, pads, first aid tape, antiseptic creams, hydrogen peroxide, alcohol, latex gloves, instant cold packs etc.
- New and gently used clothing; new underwear and socks in original packaging
- Candles and flashlights: If necessary, please include the appropriate size batteries with any flashlight donation
- Clean-up supplies: Protective eyewear, work gloves, masks, shovels, screwdrivers, saws, trash bags etc.
- Bottled Water: 12- and 24- cases
- Pill bottles – Please make sure ALL labels are removed. There is a special barrel just for pill bottles.