If you see anything that needs fixing (ie. leaking faucet, toilet running, light out, etc) please email Larry at firstname.lastname@example.org the location and description of the problem. He will investigate and communicate back to you when fixed. This helps all of us be good stewards of our church.
Matthew 25 Ministries (M25M)
M25M, in Cincinnati, is one of this area’s best and most practical relief agencies. They excel at taking donations, from the smallest to the largest, in their relief efforts. Through M25M, we are offering opportunities to share by donating various supplies, including foods, hygiene supplies, paper products, cleaning supplies, baby products, your empty pill bottles, and more. Donation barrels have been placed around the church for your convenience. Below is a list of items that are being collected. On your next trip to the store, consider picking up an extra package or two of some of these items.
- Monetary Donations: Donate on-line M25M Donations or mail checks to Matthew 25 Ministries, 11060 Kenwood Road, Cincinnati, OH 45242. 100% of donated funds designated for Hurricane Relief will be used for the purpose intended.
- Non-Perishable Food: PULL TOP canned vegetables, fruits, etc., ready to eat dry goods such as nuts, peanut butter, dried fruits, canola, and trail mixes, jerkies, read to eat snacks, bottled water, read to eat meals or MREs.
- Personal Care Products: Antibacterial soap, hand sanitizer, toothpaste, toothbrushes, shampoo, body wash, deodorant, lotion, etc.
- Cleaning supplies: Laundry detergents, general cleaner, sponges, bleach (powdered form preferred), mops, scrub brushes, buckets, rubber gloves, etc.
- Paper products: toilet paper, paper towels, etc.
- Baby and infant supplies: diapers, wipes, diaper rash ointment, baby wash, baby shampoo, baby lotion, etc.
- First Aid items: bandages, gauze, pads, first aid tape, antiseptic creams, hydrogen peroxide, alcohol, latex gloves, instant cold packets, etc.
- New and gently used clothing; NEW UNDERWEAR OR SOCKS in original packaging.
- Candles/Flashlights: If possible please include appropriate batteries with the flashlights.
- Clean-up supplies: Protective eyewear, work gloves, masks, shovels, screwdrivers, saws, trash bags, etc.
Mountain Mission Truck
The United Methodist Mountain Mission Truck will be picking up items on October 15th. They are in urgent need of:
- Men’s & Childrens clothes (coats, boots, long sleeved shirts, sweaters, jackets, etc.
- Socks & Underwear (NEW socks and underwear. Men’s, women’s and children’s)
Children’s Christmas Program Rehearsals
Rehearsals for this year’s Children’s Christmas Program, “Star Search” will be held on Wednesday nights from 7pm to 8pm, starting Wednesday, October 17th.
- There will NOT be rehearsals on October 31st or November 21st.
- There will be an additional dress rehearsal on Dec. 15th, from 9:30 to 12:30pm.
- The performance will take place at both services on Sunday, Dec. 16th.
- If your child would like to be a part of the Christmas Program, but is not able to attend Wednesday night rehearsals, please talk to Kelly B.
- Volunteering to assist with the program is a great opportunity to spend some time getting to know this great group of children. You do not need to be at all the rehearsals. Some of the areas in which we need help are:
- assisting in the rehearsals
- assisting the children with their costumes at dress rehearsal and performance
- directing the children on/off stage
- setting up and tearing down the stage.
- VOLUNTEERS NEEDED – for all sorts of work. No experience needed. Please see sign up sheet.
- FUNDS NEEDED – To offset expenses.
- DEADLINES –
- Baked goods – Friday, Nov. 9th
- Other items – To church on Sunday, Nov. 4th
- MEETINGS – 7pm in Craft Area in basement of office building on Thursdays (Oct. 4th, Oct. 18th, Oct. 25th, and Nov. 1st)
- CONTACT – Donna P. at email@example.com or (859) 322-9301
For further information / questions, or to volunteer to assist with this program, please contact Kelly B, at firstname.lastname@example.org. We hope that your child will be able to be a part of sharing the Christmas message from a star’s point of view.
Trunk or Treat
Please join us on Saturday, Oct. 20th, from 11am to 2pm for our annual Trunk-or-Treat event. This has been a great event for the past few years and this year will be even better! We need cars to give out candy to the kids, and people to help with the event. We will be offering food, drinks, and games this year and need people to assist in these areas. Please see Laura B. or Jane H. if you can help! This is a wonderful opportunity to show the light of God’s love to our community, please keep that in mind as you decorate your trunk.
Hurricane Florence Relief
The United Methodist Committee on Relief (UMCOR) is one of the premier relief agencies serving people around the world who have been impacted by natural disasters. They are always one of the first groups onto disaster scenes and one of the last groups to leave. 100% of cash/check donations go directly to relief causes. Because UMCOR is a ministry of the United Methodist Church, there is zero overhead, so all gifts go directly and totally to relief work. UMCOR has setup a disaster relief fund for the area affected by Hurricane Florence. If you want to give to give toward the relief, please mark the check or envelope for Hurricane Relief. Make checks payable to Asbury.
Craft Fair Info
Thank you for supporting us in this fundraiser for missions.