If you see anything that needs fixing (ie. leaking faucet, toilet running, light out, etc) please email Larry at email@example.com the location and description of the problem. He will investigate and communicate back to you when fixed. This helps all of us be good stewards of our church.
Matthew 25 Ministries (M25M)
M25M, in Cincinnati, is one of this area’s best and most practical relief agencies. They excel at taking donations, from the smallest to the largest, in their relief efforts. Through M25M, we are offering opportunities to share by donating various supplies, including foods, hygiene supplies, paper products, cleaning supplies, baby products, your empty pill bottles, and more. Donation barrels have been placed around the church for your convenience. Below is a list of items that are being collected. On your next trip to the store, consider picking up an extra package or two of some of these items.
- Monetary Donations: Donate on-line M25M Donations or mail checks to Matthew 25 Ministries, 11060 Kenwood Road, Cincinnati, OH 45242. 100% of donated funds designated for Hurricane Relief will be used for the purpose intended.
- Non-Perishable Food: PULL TOP canned vegetables, fruits, etc., ready to eat dry goods such as nuts, peanut butter, dried fruits, canola, and trail mixes, jerkies, read to eat snacks, bottled water, read to eat meals or MREs.
- Personal Care Products: Antibacterial soap, hand sanitizer, toothpaste, toothbrushes, shampoo, body wash, deodorant, lotion, etc.
- Cleaning supplies: Laundry detergents, general cleaner, sponges, bleach (powdered form preferred), mops, scrub brushes, buckets, rubber gloves, etc.
- Paper products: toilet paper, paper towels, etc.
- Baby and infant supplies: diapers, wipes, diaper rash ointment, baby wash, baby shampoo, baby lotion, etc.
- First Aid items: bandages, gauze, pads, first aid tape, antiseptic creams, hydrogen peroxide, alcohol, latex gloves, instant cold packets, etc.
- New and gently used clothing; NEW UNDERWEAR OR SOCKS in original packaging.
- Candles/Flashlights: If possible please include appropriate batteries with the flashlights.
- Clean-up supplies: Protective eyewear, work gloves, masks, shovels, screwdrivers, saws, trash bags, etc.
Craft Fair Info
The Craft Fair Follow-up meeting and Potluck dinner will be held Monday, January 14th, at 6pm, in the Gathering Area. Questions? Contact Donna P. at (859) 322-9301 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Safe Sanctuary Training
Asbury UMC will host a Safe Sanctuary Training on February 10th, from 2 to 4pm. All who interact with our children are asked to be present, especially nursery workers, Sunday School teachers, VBS leaders/guides, youth volunteers, and even hosts for Family Promise. We are required to have our volunteers attend this type of training. If coming, please let the church office know by calling (859) 441-1466, or email, email@example.com. This is open to all who serve in the district. Direct any questions to Dave G at (606) 407-1126. Light snacks will be provided.
Mountain Mission Truck Pick-up
The Mountain Mission truck will be at Asbury to pick-up items on Monday, February 4th.